- Eligible vehicles:Open to any American or foreign manufactured street cars and mini-vans. No convertibles, jeeps, 4-wheel drive cars or pick-ups. These vehicles are to remain STOCK for make and year with the exception of the modifications that follow. NO cutting, chopping, channeling, or shortening allowed. Wheel wells and fenders CANNOT be cut. The engine, rear-end (or trans axle), and transmission must remain STOCK. NO race cars, street stocks, pure stocks or similar.
- Entrants:All drivers must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Communications: No radios, cell phones, race receivers of any kind will be allowed.
- Appearance:Lettering must be in good taste as not to offend anyone. Themed cars are allowed and encouraged.
- Boundaries:There will be boundaries on both ends of the front straight away. All cars must remain inside this area during the competition.
- Battery: If battery is relocated (recommended to be moved to driver’s compartment) it MUST be contained in a marine type container and securely fastened by using metal straps. No bungee or rubber straps allowed. Two batteries of any type and size are allowed.
- Glass, Dash, Firewall, and Interior: All interior and exterior glass MUST be removed. Plastic interior trim and seals not used MUST be removed. There MUST be a firewall between the driver’s compartment and the trunk. It is recommended to leave the interior panel on driver’s door for protection. (If removed you must add padding in its place.) Bars, not to extend more than 8” on either side of the driver’s door) may be added to driver’s door ONLY for safety, but in no way can they strengthen the frame.
- Brakes: Must have dependable brakes at all time during the competition.
- Doors:All doors must be welded (at least four (4) 1” welds per door) or chained shut with two (2) chains per door.
- Engine:MUST remain stock for that make and model and in its original mounts. Radiator MUST remain in STOCK position or be taken out. Fan blade MUST be removed. Exhaust through the hood is OK.
- Gas Tank:If gas tank is left in original position, the straps must not be rusted, or replaced if needed. If gas tank is relocated to the trunk, it must be strapped in place with at least four (4) 1” wide straps and rear firewall MUST be sealed completely with sheet metal. All gas tanks MUST be secure with no leaks. It is recommended to only carry enough fuel onboard for the event.
- Safety:All entrants MUST wear a full face helmet. A fire suit is highly recommended. If no fire suit, a long sleeved, heavy shirt, long pants (jeans), and shoes/boots are required.
- Seat and Seat Belts:Seat must be securely mounted. Lap and shoulder belts must be securely mounted and in working condition. It is recommended to add a rear support for the driver’s seat.
- Suspensions:Must remain completely STOCK for that make and model. No air-shocks or helper springs allowed.
- Frames and Bumpers:NO welding or addition of metal to the frame. Any protruding objects from frame must be removed. Bumpers MUST remain stock. No extra brackets or reinforcements.
- Steering:All steering components MUST remain completely STOCK and cannot be altered or reinforced.
- Hoods and Trunks:May be bolted down or wired shut in four (4) places. No welding allowed. Hoods and trunks must be able to be opened for inspection at any time.
- Tires and Wheels:8” wide maximum width. No racing tires or studded tires. No liquids in tires allowed. No double tires or solid rubber tires.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT,
IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DO IT!
Competition can result in injury and/or death to the participant. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of, or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. The rules and regulations are ONLY intended as guides for the conduct of the sport. They are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, officials, or other.
© 2014 Tri-State Speedway