1. All holes in firewall must be sealed off from engine compartment and trunk area.
2. Aluminum high-back seats only. They must be bolted to roll cage, not floor. Driver’s head must not protrude outside of roll cage with helmet on.
3. Must have either a 16 or 18 gauge thick steel plate welded beneath the driver’s seat that is large enough to prevent injury to the driver.
4. Minimum 1.75” O.D. tubing recommended, Cars already built with 1.50” O.D. tubing, .095 will be grand-fathered in. Low carbon or mild steel recommended. Four-post roll cage must be used with front down bars and rear hoop welded to OEM frame.
5. Minimum of four windshield bars in front of driver.
6. Minimum three door bars, both sides, at least 1.75” O.D. .095-wall thickness parallel to the main frame, Minimum of four uprights tied from frame to top door bar on driver’s side, passenger side may be X’d with V-bar extending out to door skin. Must be X’d to prevent cage from collapsing. 16 gauge steel driver’s door plate is required.
7. Each car must have tow hooks on front and rear. The track will not be responsible for damage done while towing.
8. Driver shafts must be painted white with car number on them. Must have driver shaft safety loop located 10” from rear of transmission tail shaft. Must be made of 2” X ¼” flat strap.
9. Must have master power disconnect switch. Must be clearly marked and within easy reach of the driver.
10. Racing fuel cell mandatory with a can. Must be secured in the trunk area. See General Rules for mounting information.
11. Please refer to General Rules for additional safety information.
ELIGIBILITY AND BODY
1. Any American-made full-body rear wheel drive passenger car or pick-up. Must be full frame or uni-body. Must be 101” wheelbase minimum +/-1”,except for strut cars. No fifth arm or pan hard bars allowed, unless it came OEM from the factory on your vehicle. See rules below.
2. No offset.
3. Weight 3000 lbs. after the race with driver. If running Engine Option #2 (4 bbl), weight is 3200 after race with driver with 50 lbs of the weight in front of the firewall.
4. Uni-body cars must tie front frame to the rear frame. Single tube only.
5. Frame must remain stock from center of front axle to center of rear axle on metric and Camaro cars.
6. All car suspension must match frame make for make, model for model. No mismatching frames or suspension parts. Camaro on Camaro and Metric on Metric, etc.
7. No cutting or shortening of frame will be tolerated, period!
8. Must have stock unaltered floor pan and firewall front and rear. However, firewall maybe set back a maximum of 4”. Stock firewall from transmission tunnel down and floor pan back to 6” from yoke.
9. May remove inner fenders and open trunk area.
10. No sloping of roof or modification to body parts. May have aftermarket front nose and rear tailpiece. No dirt late model style. Sheet metal doors are allowed. Aluminum doors are allowed. Aluminum side panels are OK, but must be stock appearing for that model. No slab bodies.
11. Driver’s seat may be no further than rear edge of B-pillar. No mirrors.
12. Boxing of driver compartment allowed. Must have 10” X 10” inspection panel. Driver must be able to exit from both sides of car in case of an accident.
13. 6” rear spoiler OK. Must be mounted to the rearward most part of the deck lid. Hood scoops allowed with no front opening.
14. May make bumper of round or rectangle tubing, but must be boxed in on each end. No reinforcement or up rights, push bars or extra metal on bumpers.
15. May have rub rails running from rear of front tire to front of rear tire, not to extend into wheel openings. Rail material must be 1”X 2” rectangle tubing beveled and boxed on both ends.
1. Stock OEM transmission, 3 or 4 speed with clutch and flywheel between engine and transmission. Must have forward and reverse gears and be able to start and move forward and reverse on its own. Bert/Brinns are OK. Mini-clutches allowed. If running automatic, running hub OK.
2. Any approved OEM passenger car or truck-type rear end allowed, Grand National rear ends OK. Rear ends may be locked. Full steep spool, steel mini spool, or welded axle only. No aluminum. 1” inspection hole in center section is recommended. Steel axle only. No ratchet rear-ends, no Gold Track.
1. Aftermarket blocks and factory performance blocks are allowed.
2. No aluminum blocks or heads.
3. Set back is center of #1 spark plug hole, even with ball joint maximum. For 1982-to-1992 Camaros, Firebirds, Trans-Ams (strut cars), engine set-back must be no more than 14” from center of steering gear box slack adjustment bolt to center of first header bolt on driver’s side. No modification to header or head. No engine offset. Engine height is 12” minimum from center of crank to ground. + or – 1”.
4. Cast iron heads only, straight or angle-plug OK.
5. Aluminum or cast iron intakes.
6. Roller cams and roller rockers are OK.
7. 2-barrel carburetors only. 500 CFM with 1 and 11/16” throttle bore maximum. Maximum 3 ½” adapter and/or spacer, including gaskets, measured from intake flange to carburetor base plate. No Predator-style carburetors. Track official has final say on throttle bore spacing.
8. Mechanical fuel pumps only. Must be gas only, no alcohol.
9. Battery must be in marine-type case securely mounted to metal frame behind seat or in metal battery tray mounted securely to frame in trunk area.
10. Starter must bolt in stock location.
11. Stock type ignition or HEI-type distributors or MSD boxes, no mag distributors.
1. 4bbl carb is ok. Gas ONLY. 750 cfm maximum. $500 claim following normal claim procedure.
2. 360 ci limit. Will be puffed.
3. No aluminum heads or blocks. Cast iron ONLY. Straight or angle plugs are OK.
4. Roller cams and roller rockers are OK.
5. Car, with driver, must weigh 3200 lbs after race, of which 50 lbs MUST be in front of firewall.
6. Stock type ignition, HEI distributor or MSD box. No mag distributors.
7. Set back is center of #1 spark plug hole, even with ball joint maximum. For 1982-to-1992 Camaros, Firebirds, Trans-Ams (strut cars), engine set-back must be no more than 14” from center of steering gear box slack adjustment bolt to center of first header bolt on driver’s side. No modification to header or head. No engine offset. Engine height is 12” minimum from center of crank to ground. + or – 1”.
SUSPENSION AND TIRES, ETC.
1. Front springs must be in stock mounts and locations.
2. All front suspension components must be steel and unaltered, approved OEM parts. Must be in stock location and match frame. Metric on metric, Camaro on Camaro, etc. (Cannot mismatch front suspension.) All A-frame mounts and bolt holes on frame must be in stock location. No weight jacks allowed, upper tubular control arm are OK, must be in stock location. Aftermarket bushings OK.
3. Front shocks must be in stock location.
4. Rear springs may use buckets in frame as long as they are in the stock location
5. Rear shocks may run Heim end shocks as long as there in the stock position.
6. All rear suspension components must be steel, unaltered OEM type parts in stock location and must match frame. All control arm mounts and bolt holes on frame must be in stock location. No independent rear suspension. No adjustable weight jacks, no pan hard bars unless they are Factory or OEM Pan hard bars.
7. Suspension must remain completely stock. Racing springs are allowed. Spring bucket allowed but must be in stock location. Racing shocks allowed in stock location. Lower trailing arms may not be mounted lower than 3 ½” below housing to center of mounting bolt. Top trailing arms must be in stock length and in stock location. No heim-ends. NO TOLERANCE. Lower trailing arms must be stock length, side to side.
8. Strut type car must retain strut suspension. May run braces to side of strut tower and may place plate on top of strut tower and run brace from plate to cage.
a) A-Frame mounts may be re-located or replaced with aftermarket brackets.
b) Stock fifth arm on ’82 and up Camaro and Firebirds must be non-adjustable and mounted solid, level with no flax plates or any other device to let mount flex.
c) Front arm may run through a rubber bushing with rod sticking straight forward through busing. No heim-ends on arm allowed. Non-adjustable pan hard bar must remain stock and in stock holes and in stock location. Lift arm must remain stock in the stock location.
d) 1993 and later Camaros, Firebirds, Trans-Ams with coil over type front suspensions may use racing coil over with the adjustment threads ground off. Shims will be allowed between the coil spring and mount for adjustment but no functional coil-overs.
e) NO sectioning, channeling or shopping allowed on frame, floor pan or body except where rules allows. (BODY MUST MATCH FRAME) Upper tubular A-Arms OK. Lower A-Arms must match frame and be in stock location.
f) Rear of car must be enclosed from frame rail to frame rail minimum, with either metal or plastic. Can run aftermarket tailpiece.
9. All four brakes must work. No aluminum calipers.
10. 10” maximum steel wheel only, offsets OK.
11. Hoosier asphalt take-offs only, grooving allowed, no recaps, bead lock OK on right rear, tires must durometer 50 by tracks gauge.
1. To be eligible to claim, driver must have raced the previous two point races at the track where the claim is being made and must have finished on the lead lap the night of the claim.
2. Claim must be made within 5 minutes of end of feature. Top three cars may be claimed.
3. Claim on heads and intake is $500.00 and swap. Items included with claim are heads and intake manifold. Not included with claim are stud girdles, rocker arms, and valve covers. If the engine of the car being claimed is deemed illegal, then the claimer will have the chance to back out of claim. If the car making the claim is illegal also, the claim will be dismissed. Track may claim at any time. If claim is made by the track, the heads and intake will be auctioned off after they are pulled. Auction will be at pay window.
4. Shocks can be claimed, $50.00 per shock, must buy all four chocks ($200). Claim must be made within five minutes after that A-feature race. Claim excludes struts.
5. If a driver refuses any claim, he/she will be suspended for two races from TSS. Driver will lose all points and money for that night and must pay $500.00 to track before he/she races again.
1. Any driver that wins three races within one racing season will go through an extensive technical inspection, which could include but is not limited to bumper-to-bumper inspection. (In layman’s terms, if you are cheating we will find it.)
2. Track reserves the right to change or amend any rule at any time.
3. No creative interpretation of rules. Call the track’s TECH before you do anything to your cars that might be questionable so that it does not result in a disqualification.
ALL RULES (OR INTERPRETATION THEREOF) WILL BE DETERMINED BY TRACK OFFICIALS. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHECK YOUR CAR AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL. IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT – IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DO IT.
USRA A Mods
Will be able to run in IMCA mods class with these provisions. It is our intent to not cost the racer any additional money but to make the class fair.
1. IMCA stamped Hoosier G60 tire, if you have any KK704 left over you may run them on the front only until June 2015.
2. No Spoilers.
3. Back Filler Panel as per IMCA Mod Rule.
4. Motor rules, we would like for you to get the correct IMCA motor rule in place, but if you cannot for any reason please let me know, below is the equalizer.
· All aluminum spec headed motors must add 50 lbs. of weight to the engine plate and run a 7600 chip. (this may be changed after seeing the performance of the motor.)
· Open roller cam motors must be on a 7600 chip
· 604 crate motors will be allowed to run with no changes as per IMCA motor rules
· Tri-State reserves the right to make changes to these rules as the season moves forward and we see fit to make the class a more equal class.
· Bodies, wheels and suspension will be grandfathered in for the 2015 season.
ALL RULES (OR INTERPRETATION THEREOF) WILL BE DETERMINED BY TRACK OFFICIALS, ALL TRACK OFFICIALS WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHECK YOUR CAR AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY RASON, ALL TRACK OFFICIALS’ DECISION ARE FINAL
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT – IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DO IT!
1. All glass, chrome and flammable material must be removed. Dash may be removed.
2. Front and rear firewall must remain in stock location and must be completely closed off from trunk area and engine compartment.
3. Roll bar padding required in driver compartment; Snell –rated SA-2000, SA-2005 or Q5 or SA 2010 helmet recommended.
4. SFI approved full fire suit required, fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace required.
5. Driver side window net required.
6. Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked OFF and ON.
7. Racing fuel cell mandatory with a can. Must be secured in the trunk area.
8. Must have aluminum racing seat with Five-Point safety harness. Must be welded to roll cage.
9. Must have either a 16 or 18 gauge thick steel plate welded beneath the driver’s seat that is large enough to prevent injury to the driver.
10. Each car must have tow hooks or chains on front and rear of car.
11. Must carry working fire extinguisher in car within reach of driver.
ELIGIBILITY AND BODY
1. Any American-made, full-body, rear-wheel drive passenger car or pick-up. Must be full frame or uni-body with factory steel body. Body must be stock APPEARING.
2. Must be 108” wheelbase minimum +/- 1” with both sides the same.
3. Ford and Chrysler products OK with NO fifth arm. NO fifth arm allowed period.
4. Uni-body cars must tie front frame to the rear frame. Single Tube only.
5. NO independent or air bag suspension.
6. Must have stock unaltered floor pan and firewall front and rear.
7. Body must remain completely stock, except to cut out fenders for tire clearance.
8. Enclosed interiors are OK. Must have a 10” x 10” inspection panel.
9. No aluminum bodies. Aluminum door & Quarters skins OK. Must be OEM OR Factory appearing.
10. Must look stock. Removing plastic inner fender OK on front ONLY. Hood scoop allowed, FACTORY ONLY.
11. Driver seat may be no further back than rear edge of B-Pillar. NO MIRRORS.
12. 4” rear spoiler OK. Spoiler braces cannot be higher than the spoiler. May have up to three (3) braces and all braces must be the same. Rear spoiler may not exceed the width of the rear deck lid.
13. Aftermarket stock replacement noses are OK. NO dirt style allowed. Must enclose the rear of the car.
14. All factory stocks must weigh at least 3200 lbs. after race, with driver.
1. Roll cage must consist of continuous hoops. Minimum 1.75” OD tubing with .095” wall thickness. Minimum of 6-point roll cage required. Must be used with front down bars and rear hoop welded on OEM frame. Cars already built with 1.5” OD tubing .095 will be grandfathered in.
2. Minimum three door bars on both sides. At least 1.5” OD tubing with .095” wall thickness with minimum of four uprights tied from frame to top door bar on driver’s side. Driver’s side must have 16 or 18 gauge steel door plate welded to door bars.
1. Frame must remain stock from center of front axle to center of rear axle. NO underslung chassis.
2. Must be original suspension for that model of car. SUSPENSION MUST REMAIN COMPLETELY STOCK.
3. No aftermarket parts allowed except where noted.
4. Steering quickeners allowed.
5. No weight jacks allowed.
6. Hidden adjustable spaces allowed.
7. Racing springs are allowed. Max 13” springs.
8. Spring bucket in rear allowed, but must be in stock location.
9. Racing shocks allowed in stock location.
10. No Heim-end shocks. NO adjustable shocks.
11. Shackles OK.
12. Lowering blocks OK, NO adjustable lowering blocks.
13. Lower trailing arms may not be mounted lower than 2 1/2” below housing to center of bolt.
14. Lower trailing arms must be equal height. Trailing arm must be stock length.
15. Upper trailing arms and mounts must be in stock location.
1. Maximum cubic inch:
a) GM 360 c.i. (350 block with 3.48”stroke)
b) FORD 361 c.i. (351W block with 3.50” stroke)
c) MOPAR 370 c.i. (360 block 3.58” stroke)
2. NO high-performance equipment. NO strokers.
3. Stock intake manifold. Edlebrock #2101 for GM or Edlelbrock #2121 or #2181 for FORD is OK.
4. Flat or dish pistons only. No dome pistons, NO gas-ported pistons.
5. OEM or OEM STOCK appearing crank and rods allowed. Cannot be lightened. NO aero-wing, bull nose, knife edge, or undercut allowed. Minimum weight for crankshaft is 50 lbs.
6. Cylinder heads: Steel only, Must be unaltered.
a) Maximum compression per cylinder is 175 lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS.
b) Approved OEM and minimum 76 cc combustion chamber.
c) Only GM APPROVED HEAD NUMBERS ARE: 14079267, 3986336, 3986339, 3986339x, 3986388, 3932441, 376445, 3928454, 3932454, 3876487, 3973487, 3973487X, 3973493, 3951598, 468642, 330862, 333882, 3998920, 3998991, 3998993, 3998997, 3970126. Maximum size valves on these heads are 2.02 inch intake and 1.60 inch exhaust.
d) May use Engine Quest (EQ) stock replacement (SR) cylinder head, part number CH350I.
e) Head must remain as produced. Seat angles and valve sizes cannot be changed. Three angle valve job only. ABSOLUTELY NO casting removal in valve pocket of EQ head, for any reason.
f) FORD – no after-market or SVO heads.
g) CHRYSLER – no after-market or W-2 heads.
h) NO porting or polishing or grinding of any kind. NO angle milling, no match porting or intake to heads.
i) NO titanium valves, springs or retainers. NO bee hive valve springs allowed, stock-type Z-28 valve springs, OK.
j) GM-1.250 inch maximum OD valve springs.
7. A minimum 1” plug above the oil level on the left side of the oil pan is MANDITORY and be located 3” from the front of the pan and 1” down from the top.
8. NO roller cams. No roller lifters. No bleed-down lifters. Hydraulic cams ONLY. Max valve lift .466 with ZERO valve lash with 1.5 or 1.6 aluminum roller rocker arms with 3/8” stud ONLY. No stud girdles of ANY kind. OEM firing order cannot be changed. No shaft mount rocker arms.
9. Must run 1-5/8 headers only. No step headers.
10. Carburetor MUST REMAIN STOCK COMPLETE WITH CHOKE, Horn blade optional.
11. The following are the only carburetors allowed:
a) Quadra-Jet carburetor must be box stock.
b) 600 cfm Holley square bore. Single inlet and must be box stock.
c) 650 cfm Holley 4777 must be box stock.
d) 500 cfm Holley 2 barrel must be box stock. Maximum 1” adapter plate.
12. Pump gas or racing fuel only. NO ALCOHOL. NO ADDITIVES.
13. Must use OEM-type distributor. Mechanical timing advance must be in working order. Vacuum advance optional.
14. Aluminum radiators OK.
15. Aluminum water pumps and crank pulley OK.
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE SHAFT
1. Must have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus neutral position. With motor running and car in still position, must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward. Only OEM production type transmissions allowed – two speed, three speed, four speed and automatic. No five speed (or More) transmissions, “in and out” boxes, or quick change devices allowed. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location. Flywheel/flexplate must be bolted directly to end of crankshaft, and pressure plate must be bolted directly to flywheel/flexplate. One flywheel/flexplateonly, and all driveline components within bellhousing must rotate consistent with engine RPM while car is in any gear. Unaltered flexplate must be full OEM, or OEM replacement.
2. Manual: Must be OEM or OEM replacement case and have a working 7.25 inch minimum diameter, steel and/or aluminum, single or multi-disc clutch inside explosion-proof steel bellhousing – minimum 270 degrees around top of clutch/flywheel area.
3. Automatic: Must remain in OEM or OEM replacement case, with a functioning OEM appearing pump. Aluminum OEM bellhousing may be replaced with aftermarket explosion-proof aluminum bellhousing. Original OEM bellhousing must have approved scattersheild constructed of minimum 0.125 inch by three inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate. Manual bump starts allowed.
4. Drive Shaft: Minimum two inch diameter steel drive shaft, must be painted white. Steel slip-yokes only. 360-degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least 0.25 inch by two inch steel, or one inch tubing, mounted six inches back from the U joint.
TIRES, WHEELS AND BRAKES
1. Hoosier asphalt take-offs ONLY. 8” tires maximum. 8” maximum steel wheel. Tires must durometer 50 and will be checked. NO NEW TIRES. Hoosier branded tires ONLY.
2. This rule clarification is effective immediately.
3. Aftermarket brake and clutch pedals are allowed. NO adjustment in the cockpit. May run 4-wheel disc brakes. All four (4) brakes must work. No aluminum calipers, no brake shut-offs allowed. NO brake bias gauges allowed.
1. May not be mounted in cockpit or outside of body or hood area.
2. Must be securely mounted, painted white and clearly marked with the car number.
3. Must be attached with at least two ½ inch bolts. May not be attached to rear bumper.
1. Claim on heads and intake is $500.00 and swap. Items included with claim are heads and intake manifold only. Not included with claim are: push rods, rocker arms, valve covers, and any intake manifold accessory. Both cars must pass all tech before claim stands.
2. Claim must be turned in to tech official with five (5) minutes of “A” feature completion.
3. Track may claim at any time.
4. Claiming driver must finish on the lead lap and finish the race to claim.
5. Only top four finishers are allowed to be claimed.
6. Claim made by cash money only and must be turned in at time of claim.
7. To be eligible to claim, driver must have raced the previous two point races at the track and must have finished on the lead lap the night of the claim.
8. If a driver refused any claim. (s)he will be suspended for two races from TSS.
9. Driver will lose all points and money for that night and must pay $300.00 to the track before (s)he races again.
1. Any driver that wins three races within one racing season will go through an extensive technical inspection, which could include but is not limited to bumper to bumper inspection. In layman’s terms, if you are cheating we will find it.
2. No creative interpretation of rules. If you have any questions, call us before you are disqualified.
3. All cars racing at TSS must also abide by the General Rules. Ignorance of the rules is no defense.
ALL RULES (OR INTERPRETATION THEREOF) WILL BE DETERMINED BY TRACK OFFICIALS. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHECK YOUR CAR AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY RASON. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS’ DECISION ARE FINAL.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT – IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DO IT!
1. No factory type shoulder belts or straps can be used. Racing belts are required on shoulders and seat and are not to be more than one (1) year old.
2. Snell 90, SA 95 or better helmet recommended.
3. Window nets, neck braces & fire suits are mandatory.
4. MUST HAVE WORKING FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNTED SECURELY. NO WIRE TIES.
1. Any American OEM full body rear wheel drive passenger car. 1955 or newer, full frame or unibody car. Frame must match body and body must be OEM mounts in stock location.
2. Wheel base must match car, with no difference in length from side to side.
3. Frame must remain unaltered. Frames may be “X” braced.
4. Factory floor pan must remain unaltered.
5. Camaros and Firebirds allowed. Strut cars allowed. Uni-body cars may tie frames together.
6. Trailing arms must match car and remain unaltered.
7. Front shocks must be inside of coil springs.
8. Frame can be tubed – round or square from center of rear end housing to rear bumper.
9. May not alter spring buckets, must remain stock.
1. Main cage must consist of continuous hoops 1.75” O.D. tubing, with a wall thickness of at least .095” low carbon or mild steel.
2. Four post roll cage required, front down bars & rear hoop must be welded to OEM frame. Driver’s head must not protrude outside roll cage with helmet on.
3. Rear hoop must have “X” brace. Front down bars must be tied together.
4. All door bars and uprights must be min 1.75” x .095” wall thickness.
5. Minimum of three door bars on both sides, parallel to ground, & perpendicular to driver. Minimum of four (4) uprights tied from front to top door bar on driver side and minimum of three (3) uprights on passenger side.
6. Driver’s side 1/8” thick doorplate is mandatory. Steel only.
1. All bodies must be OEM in OEM location & match body.
2. NO rear spoilers allowed.
3. Hole in how OK – hood scoops OK.
4. Lower side skirting OK.
5. You are allowed to skin doors.
1. Minimum of three (3) windshield bars in from of driver.
2. Aluminum high back racing seat only, bolted to cage. Seat may be no further back than front edge of B-pillar.
3. All holes in floor board and fire walls must be covered with sheet metal. No other interior covers allowed. No boxing in of driver’s compartment.
1. All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
2. OEM rubber A-frame bushing only.
1. All components must be steel unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
2. OEM steering column may be replaced with steel steering shafts (collapsible steering shaft recommended) with knuckles only.
3. No steering quickeners, or remote power steering reservoirs.
4. Steering wheel and quick release may be aluminum.
5. Power steering pump must be O.E.M.
6. No aftermarket steering parts.
1. One (1) OEM or OEM replacement shock per wheel. Stock replacement racing shock are OK.
2. All four (4) shocks must be in stock location and stock mountings.
1. One steel spring only in OEM stock location.
2. NO adjustable shackles.
1. All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered, OEM, in OEM location and match frame.
2. OEM rubber control arm bushing only.
3. No independent rear suspension allowed.
4. No pan hard bars, spring rubbers, chains or cables allowed.
1. Must be OEM for that car, GM-to-GM and Ford to Ford with the exception below. Must run OEM axles.
2. Must weld spider gears or may run mini spool. No torque dividing or limited slip differentials allowed. No aluminum spools allowed.
3. 9 inch Ford rear ends allowed.
4. NO FLOATERS.
1. Bumpers must be approved OEM in OEM location. Ay have tube bumpers as long as they fit the car to OEM type bumpers.
2. Bumpers must be capped on the ends, with NO sharp edges.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. IMCA Hoosiers, street tires, or Southwest Speed 8 inch tires OK. G60 Dirt or KK 704 American Racer tire OK. Hoosier 8” asphalt pull offs only, no new tires.
2. 8 inch wheels only. No bead lock.
3. Wheel spacers allowed. No adapters allowed.
4. One-inch OD lug nuts mandatory on all four (4) wheels.
5. No bleeder valves.
6. Grooving OK.
1. Steel, unaltered OEM or unaltered OEM replacement, operative on all 4 wheels.
2. Brakes must match car. Master cylinder must be OEM location.
3. No antilock brake systems. No aftermarket brake pedal assemblies, brake shut-off, or bias adjusters allowed.
4. Steel brake lines only. May drill flanges and rotors to take larger wheel studs.
1. OEM cast iron manifolds only. No ram horn type exhaust. No headers. NO AFTERMARKET MANIFOLDS.
2. Must run exhaust pipes. No pipe on either side can be any longer than four (4) foot long.
3. Exhaust must be under car type and must be secured properly.
FUEL AND FUEL SYSTEM
1. Must run OEM mechanical push rod fuel pump only.
a) OEM 4 barrel Rochester
Quadra Jet carburetors: May remove choke plate.
b) 2 barrel Holly (4412) with 1-inch adapter to manifold: No modification – stock only.
c) Spread bore Holly carburetors: Must be a single line, single pump, vacuum secondary and must bolt directly to cast iron Quadra Jet intake manifold with 1-inch adapter only (Edelbrock 600) with no modifications.
3. Must run fuel cell, with metal container enclosure. 22 gallon maximum.
4. Pump gas or racing fuel – No alcohol.
1. 3200 lbs. with driver after the race on TSS scales.
2. Bolt on weight is OK.
3. No lightening of car by any means allowed except the removal of unneeded sheet metal and under hood equipment.
BATTERY AND IGNITION
1. One 12-volt car battery only.
2. Must be mounted in approved battery box.
3. Must run OEM distributor.
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE SHAFT
1. Coolers must be mounted in front of radiator.
2. All forward and reverse gears must be operational.
a) Manual: Must be unaltered OEM 3 or 4 speeds, with minimum 10.5” clutch.
i) Hydraulic clutch release bearings are OK.
ii) Steel unaltered flywheel only with minimum weight of 24 lbs and stock type pressure plate. NO altering allowed.
b) Automatic: Must be unaltered OEM, with unaltered pump.
i) Must be in original bell housing, with minimum 10” torque converter and converter must hold minimum of three (3) quarts of fluid.
ii) Must have shield around outside of converter housing. Flex plate must be full, unaltered OEM, or OEM replacement.
4. Drive shaft MUST BE PAINTED WHITE and must have a safety chain or driveshaft loop.
5. Must have blow-proof bell housing.
1. Engine must be OEM location using OEM mounting holes for V8 motor mounts. Motor mounts must be OEM stock.
2. Cross member must remain stock and unaltered in the stock location.
1. If running a 101” wheel base car, it must run a bone stock 305 from the carb to the oil pan. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. Steel OEM V-8 Block only. NO GM BOWTIE, FORD SVO OR MOPAR W-2 BLOCKS, HEADS OR INTAKES ALLOWED.
3. NO GM POWER PACK HEADS. NO DOUBLE HUMP HEADS. OEM only.
4. Stroke must match block. NO 400 or larger cubic inch parts allowed.
5. Maximum 361 c.i. for GMs, 363 c.i. for Fords & 370 c.i. for Mopars.
6. Must use OEM or OEM like pistons. Flat top pistons only.
7. Stroke 3.48” for GMs and 3.5” for Fords & Mopars – Rod 5.75” GM, Ford & Mopar.
8. TSS Approved OEM GM cylinder head. No Vortec head. No Ford after-market SVO heads. No Mopar after-market W-2 heads. 360 heads only. No aftermarket heads allowed. NONE.
9. No 305 heads allowed on GM 350. 305 heads can only be on a 305 GM block.
10. No headwork can be done on the heads. Only machine shop work will be flat milled only. No angle milling. No cutting heads for larger springs, valve guides or bosses.
11. 190 intake valves. 150 exhaust valves. Must have four (4) valve reliefs.
12. Open chamber heads only. Must pass 76 c.c. test. No close chamber heads allowed. NONE.
13. No roller rocker arms. No roller tip rocker arms. Must use stock rocker ratio of 1.5” for GM. May use screw in studs.
14. Cannot machine block, other than flat surface deck height. Piston cannot be higher than block. No zero piston deck height allowed.
15. Intake must have unaltered OEM 4-baarrel cast iron Quadra jet manifold. No aluminum hi-rise, marine, or Vortec intakes. No porting polishing or alterations of any kind to head and/or intake.
16. Aluminum water pump and crankshaft pulleys are OK.
17. Camshaft lift not to exceed .450” at the valve on intake/exhaust. No tolerance. This is basically a stock profile camshaft. No special grinds are allowed. Hydraulic only. OEM ONLY. No bleed down lifters.
18. Must pull 16’ of vacuum at 1000 RPM after race.
ANY CAR THAT WINS FOUR (4) FEATURES WILL BE REQUIRED TO REMOVE A HEAD FOR INSPECTION AT THE TRACKS DISCRETION. IF CAR IS FOUND TO BE ILLEGAL, DRIVER WILL LOSE ANY MONEY EARNED FOR THAT NIGHT. ALL RULES (OR INTERPRETATION THEREOF) WILL BE DETERMINED BY TRACK OFFICIALS. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHECK YOUR CAR AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON. ALL TRACK OFFICIALS’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT – IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN DO IT!!!